My make up secrets revealed!

Every 3 days or so someone will email me to ask me how I do my make up (and believe it or not, it includes GUYS - or drag queens, to be more specific). I am not trying to be hao lian or whatever! It's the truth.

How to do the smoky eyes? How come eyelashes can look so long leh? What foundation makes your skin glow?

Today, I shall unveil the mystery once and for all.

Of course, the guys already know this post will bore them to death - unless their interest is to look at multiple pictures of me .... which everyone likes to, because I am shoooo pwetty. :D

I shall say first ah... I am not trying to TEACH anyone make up here. It may not be the correct ways to apply make up (if there is such a thing as a correct way); it is just MY way of putting make up on, because you girls (and gay boys) wanted to know.

But of course, my make up skills are superb, as is everything I do that is artistic (painting, drawing, photoshop etc, all are superb, ok? Because I am mega talented). I've taken some courses, but I have come to realise that everyone's faces, flaws, and good points are all different, so fuck those courses.

You just have to experiment yourself and see what kind of make up suits you. Some people (like Shuyin) look quite scary with smoky eyes. I look terrible with light make-up. Cloudy can't put make up because his face is hairy. Whatever floats your boat! Or rocks your socks! Or or or... Can't think of anymore lah! Let's start.

Here's how to get MY LOOK, if you are confident it will work for you:




Laugh all you want, ok? I will SOON be beautiful. So what if my hair is tied up in Chun-li buns now? When I let it down, it will so gorgeous, it will be the singular thing that engulfs your sweet vision before you faint from the beauty of it all.

So yes. Step one is to wash your face. Oh and btw, I still have like 3 pieces of my eyelash extensions left, as you can see. They look pathetic. Never we mind that now, mascara can always save the day later.



I use Za's two-way cake foundation. I've been using it since I was in secondary one, so yes, it is terribly good, and I know Chanel's or whatever atas brand's might be better, but considering a trade-off for money ... ZA's pretty good!

Wet the sponge thoroughly, and apply the powder all over your face. Remember never to apply against the grain... Do it in the direction your facial hair grows. If you don't have facial hair, then you are a freak and stop reading my blog.

Make sure the powder is even, and apply your neck as well. If you blot your face when it is excessively oily and all, the powder should be able to last a whole day. :) I apply a generous amount. My style is always to be sparing with everything - same for cooking, for painting, for talking.

Subtlety? Hell, no! If you are the sort who likes light make up, you can stop reading this entry now. :) Light make up? Sorry, I cannot even see it, so what's the point? Might as well save money and not put anything.

I like my makeup noticable, and making a DIFFERENCE to how I look.

Bloody shu nus.



Foundation is not enough for coverage: For flawless skin check out Inovi's Perfector! Sibeh fucking good coverage for pimples or scars (I have scars coz last time my pimples damn jia lat).

It is not cheap, but it is super good. Eh, I think Fiona Xie uses this one too.

Oh yeah I apply my foundation over my lips too. That's coz the outer lining of my lips are somewhat darker, and that is just gross. Oh well. The foundation covers that.

Next: Eyeshadow.


Start with a light-coloured, shimmery eye shadow all over your entire eye area. White or light gold will do.

Yes, even lining the bottom of your eyes. I usually extend mine to the interior rim of the eye too, as you can see.



Choose a blending colour that matches your outfit for the day. In this case, I just picked pink. This colour should be darker than the previous colour, and also able to mix with it well.

(My nails are by Voxy, in case you wanted to know)


Like this!

Blend!

Yes I know the foundation looks patchy... I didn't spread it evenly. What! Cannot meh?

The next step is important... Because now we move on to the smoky eyeshadow! In dark brown. =)



Apply the brown and BLEND BLEND BLEND it into the pink. Apply it over the whole of your eye's sockets.



And underneath your eyes as well, with an applicator. Remember that if you want dark eyeshadows you just cannot be a scrooge on the moolah. Yi fen qian yi fen huo (1 cent for one part of the goods, loosely translated), so the cheap eyeshadows will only be not dark enough and cannot be seen properly.

Also see above, my take on light make-up.

Notice also, that at the bottom of the eyes the pink is at the inside, while the brown is outside. I know the shadow looks rather awful like that, but relax, haven't finish what...

Because MASCARA is coming up!

Before applying mascara, curl your lashes. People always ask me if they should curl before or after mascara. What a silly question! DO BOTH LAH, when in doubt!!!

If you don't know how to curl your lashes, half close your eyes, and put the curler as close to your flesh as possible, without hurting you. Push down as hard as you can, for a whole 30 seconds.

Magazines tell us bullshit like curling different parts of your lashes so that the curl is gradual and not an abrupt 90 degrees angle.

I say screw that. I'm not a fucking eurasian model with ridiculously long lashes. I'm Chinese, dammit! We Chinese usually do not have long lashes, so I'll have it 90 degrees if I want - as long as it can be seen.



Loreal's double-ended mascara is really good for a cheap buy, so GO FUCKING BUY IT! It is really good. I think my lashes' length increased by like ... 40%? after applying it.

And don't be stupid - buy Black, because it is the most clearly visible. Brown's for pussies and shu nus.

First put the white fibres on. Be generous, VERY generous. Apply the mascara in a zic-zac fashion, till your whole lash almost turns white.

Done? Cool. Now put the black. Do the same thing. If you get a fright from how thick and dark it is, that's about right. Don't care about silly things like clumps. Clump then clump lar, makes the lashes even clearer.

Do not curl lashes for at least 15 minutes, because the mascara is still wet and will stick to your curler.

Done with eyes:



Now apply blusher. Smile while applying, and put the pink on the apple of the cheeks. I don't like any other colour than pink. Orange blusher is the worst. It is circa 1972! Throw it away at once if you have it, you disgusting loser!



I forgot about the eyebrows... Draw front parts with applicator and brown eyeshadow, and define ends with eyebrow pencil (lightly). A little secret tip for girls with flat noses: Put a little brown at the top of the nose bridge - will make your eyes look more deep set!

Don't worry about your nose being flat. Savior of flat noses, Fann Wong, have shown us that having a flat nose is fine, as long as it is small.

So DO NOT, despite other people's advice otherwide, go and do stupid things like shade the sides of your nose with brown, and brush a line of white powder down the bridge.

NEVER EVER DO THAT. Don't.


Unless you want to look like that.

It will only serve to make your nose look huge and bulbous.

Speaking of which, I FUCKING HATE MAKE UP ARTISTS WHO DO THAT. Do they seriously think it looks nice?! That kind of make up is so old-fashioned! Yuck, I hate it! Gets me angry!

If your nose is not nice, the best is to make it as inconspicuous as possible.



I suddenly have a nose bridge! =) And we are almost done.

Here's another make up secret, so you silly girls better be nicer to me!



Apply brown shadow (with a blusher brush) to the side of your face to create a hollow in your cheeks, as well as underneath your jawline to make it look more defined. Nice ah? Machiam model sia...

Cool not? If you do it in moderation and blend it well, you can be pleasantly surprised when your friends comment that you got thinner! :D Sigh, I shouldn't be letting out secrets like these...



We are only left with the lips now... I like to use matte, light colours on lips. One thing about matte lipsticks - don't spread it on your lips because it is very dry and will be too thick and pasty. Instead, PAT the lipstick on your lips.

At the interior of the lip, I add a rouge shade of gloss... I take out the hair buns, and tadah!!!




Nicely made up and ready to go out! :)


So chio must take more photos...


:D Good hair day!



Eyes so much bigger... And I glow too! (I forgot to add I put a bit of blusher on my nose tip too to make it look sun-kissed)

You want to do this too? Here are a list of your tools, if you care to purchase them. Eh, this is not an advertorial ah, these are the real make up products I use... They may not be the best make up, but they are mostly quite cheap (or value for money), which is good enough for me!



I've highlighted the MUST-HAVES with stars, because these are the fucking good products.

Also note that some make-up thingys can be cheap, and some HAVE to be expensive. Powder better be a respectable brand because it is on your skin, eyeshadows suck when they are cheap, and cheap lipsticks STAIN YOUR LIPS (this is serious, so only use reputable lipsticks, and remember to put lip balm first as a protective shield).

I believe, however, that blushers, eyeliners, and eyebrow pencils are ok to have them economical. =) My eyeliner is a $3 liquid one from Aries, and it works wonders, though I didn't take a picture of it.

Get that perfect curler from Guardian at only $3 plus! Don't get tricked to buy the Manicure one for that ridiculous price, it is the in-house Guardian one which is good.. You can identify it by the spring it has. Inovi's perfector can be found in Sasa, and though it is not cheap, it lasts for YEARS.

This about sums it all! Any more questions, you can email me, though I must say, I might not reply it. =)

p/s: To the some of you, especially the blind men, don't gimme that bullshit comment about how I look better without make up. Dont gimme that shit about "natural is beauty". Please read this.

And also, don't give me advice on how I should apply my make-up. I'm supposed to be the one teaching here, dammit! Trust me, I've tried everything and I think I know my face a little better than you do. I like my make-up the way it is. Unless you have more experience than me on applying make-up on MY face, then we talk. :)

After all, this blog entry is not about How to Apply Make Up. It is how to GET MY MAKE-UP.

If you do try, go take some photos, write it on your blog, and trackback to this entry! :D So fun.

Good luck!
You have read this article with the title My make up secrets revealed!. You can bookmark this page URL http://celebritypices.blogspot.com/2005/09/my-make-up-secrets-revealed.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My make up secrets revealed!"

Post a Comment